Buying new tires for a car is not something that most look forward to. This stated, tires are an investment and several considerations should be made to make the most of the chore. Jack Williams has put together a list of considerations when looking for new tires.
1. Make sure that you actually need new tires. Take a quick look at your tires. Obvious signs like tread wear, cracked sidewalls, or any discoloration or bulging tell you its time for new tires.
2. Make sure that your car is in good condition. Review your tires for signs of uneven wear, which might indicate alignment or suspension issues.
Make sure that your car is realigned and that your shocks are in good shape. If not, the new tires will wear quickly and unevenly, and you'll be reading this article again soon.
3. Check your owners manual and information placard. The manufacturer of your car has made a recommendation about the size and type of tires that work best with your vehicle. That information is found in the owner's manual and on the information placard.
The information placard on your vehicle is required by law, and is permanently attached to your door edge, door post, glove compartment door or inside your trunk lid. If you cannot physically find the owners manual, you can probably find it online.
4. Buy a full, matching set. Modern suspension technology is designed to work best with a matching set of tires. By replacing all four at once, you'll be able to maintain your tires better, not to mention evaluate and repair suspension problems should they occur, and most importantly maintain the highest degree of safety.
5. Check on your spare. Many people forget this step. Check your spare tire and replace it if necessary
End of summer is a great time to get your car in for service. Click here for current specials.
Jack Williams Tire & Auto Service Centers specializes in all of your vehicle's service needs. Whether your vehicle needs factory scheduled maintenance, state inspections or emission inspections, Jack Williams' ASE certified professionals know just how to help you. Visit any of our 29 locations to meet with Jack Williams' team of experts for alignments, brakes, shocks, struts, exhausts, batteries, fluid services, oil changes, filters, belts, hoses, diagnostics and more! Jack Williams Tire is proud to employ ASE certified technicians.
Tire Brands Available
We offer a wide variety of Brands and Sizes. Did you know there could be as many as 3 possible sizes for the...
What is the proper repair for a tire plug or patch? The proper repair of a punctured tire requires a plug for the hole and a patch for the area inside the tire that surrounds the puncture hole. Punctures through the tread can be repaired if they are not too large, but punc...
A Routine Car Maintenance Schedule Based on Engine Mileage Routine car maintenance is mandatory in order to keep a car running properly. The following guidelines are the approximate intervals many car manufacturers suggest auto maintenance service be performed. However, always refer to the ...
Hours of operation
Monday- Friday 8am - 5pm Saturday 8am - 12pm